Initial enrolment of Ukrainian and international students is performed on the basis of regulations suggested by Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Based on it, the Admission Rules of KHIM are developed and approved by the Academic Council of the Kyiv Medical University every year.
● Initial enrollment of international students is based on complete general secondary education and the results of two entrance exams:
1. Language proficiency exam (Ukrainian or English);
2. Chemistry exam.
It is performed on a competitive foundation by ranking of the applicants based on their competitive score. Competitive score is calculated as the sum of scores for two entrance exams. The competitive score of both Ukrainian and foreign applicants is entered into the Unified State E-Database on Education to form a ranking. Applicants who have the highest score are accepted to the Study Program according to the results of the rating and the availability of license seats. Therefore, only applicants with the highest score are enrolled.
● Initial enrollment of Ukrainian citizens is performed on a competitive foundation by ranking of the applicants based on their competitive score:
1) Admission on the I year of study for applicants with complete general secondary education based on the results (cannot be less than 150 points for the 2nd and 3rd competitive subjects and at least 100 points for the 1st competitive subject) of the external independent assessment in 3 subjects (1st subject – Ukrainian Language or Ukrainian Language and Literature; 2nd subject – Mathematics; 3rd subject – Biology or Chemistry or Physics). Competitive score is calculated as sum of scores obtained for external independent assessment in 3 subjects and the average sum total of a secondary school certificate;
2) Admission on the II year of study for applicants with previously gained educational qualification level of Junior Specialist or Junior Bachelor based on the results (cannot be less than 100 points for the 1st and 2nd competitive subjects) of external independent assessment in 2 subjects (1st subject – Ukrainian Language or Ukrainian Language and Literature, 2nd subject – Biology or Chemistry or Physics or Geography or Foreign Language) and professionally oriented Entrance Exam in Human Anatomy performed by the Examination Commission of KHIM, as the required part of the enrollment process. Competitive score is calculated as the sum of scores for external independent assessment in 2 subjects and professionally oriented exam;
The transfer of students from one higher education institution to another is carried out with the consent of rectors (directors) of both higher education institutions. The transfer and renewal of students is usually carried out during the summer or winter holidays. The transfer of students throughout the I year of study is prohibited. Under exceptional circumstances, these issues can be reconsidered by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
A student who wishes to make a transfer to another educational institution submits the application for transfer to the rector of the higher education institution where he/she studies and after receiving a written consent, addresses with the application to the rector of the higher education institution to which he/she wishes to be transferred.
If the application is considered positively and if the process of recognition of missing credits is arranged, the rector (director) of the higher education institution shall issue an order according to which the student can be admitted to studies.
After that, the rector (director) of the higher education institution where the student studied previously, issues the expulsion order in connection with the student`s transfer to another institution of higher education and within a week sends the student’s personal data file at the address of the higher educational institution where a student is transferring, keeping copies of academic transcripts, the academic card of a student, the credit book and the list of sent documents.
The International Department contact details:
EVENTS | All Events